Wood Pellets Specification
Wood pellets are considered a fuel that is entirely CO2-neutral and significantly lowers CO2 emissions. They have become a viable substitute for natural gas and heating oil. Both wood pellets and pellet boilers have steadily increased in popularity because of their beneficial characteristics.
You may distinguish yourself from the competition and offer evidence that your wood pellets are consistent of a high calibre thanks to our “DINplus class A1 wood pellets” certification following international standards. Your ability to satisfy the growing demand for certified wood pellets and expand your market position is made possible by the DINplus quality mark, increasing your customers’ faith in you.
Biomass wood pellets are becoming increasingly well-liked as a reliable source for heating commercial buildings and homes. Both consumers and producers recognise two premium quality certification standards for pellets. These accreditations include,
Both DIN and EN plus pellet certifications are available. Standards are required to ensure that items adhere to requirements and are safe for both customers and the environment. This is necessary to guarantee the high productivity of wood pellet fuels.
The DIN plus assists the pellet manufacturers in France, Belgium, and Switzerland with domestic sales of their products. Additionally, export-focused companies in nations like Poland, the Czech Republic, Romania, and Argentina have access to the Central European home pellet heating markets.
What are DINplus Wood Pellets?
A Deutsch Industry Norm (DIN) applies to the premium wood pellets made by any company, wherever in the globe. This approach covertly performs internal quality management and yearly external controls.
When items are DINplus certified, they exhibit additional quality features that go beyond the pre-established normative norms and meet the standard’s fundamental requirements. Therefore, customers may feel confident when buying such items.
Unique qualities of wood pellets with the DINplus certification:
- They are 5-7 mm in diameter.
- They range in length from 3.15 to 40mm. Less than 1% of pellets roughly 45mm in size could be present.
- The pellets have a paler tint of hue.
- They contain less than 10% moisture content.
- At 550°C, the amount of ash is around 0.6%.
- They are mechanically durable to a greater extent than 97.5%.
- The fines for 20kg small bags are around 0.5%, and the penalty for big sacks and bulk goods is roughly 1%.
- The net calorific value ranges between 16.5 and 19 MJ/kg.
- They are more than 600 kg/m3 in mass.
- There are very few external ingredients, less than 2%. These goods are not chemically altered, mostly made from total agricultural and forestry biomass like wholemeal corn, corn grits, or rye flour. These additives are combined with the primary ingredients required to make wood pellets.
- The rationale for such mixing is that it simplifies the pressing process, enhancing the energy balance and increased abrasion resistance.
- Fewer than 0.3% of the dry wood pellets are nitrogen, less than 0.03% are sulfur, and less than 0.02% are chlorine.
- Less than 1 mg/kg of arsenic, less than 0.5 mg/kg of cadmium, and less than 0.1 mg/kg of mercury are present in the dry pellets.
- Less than 10mg/kg are present for copper, nickel, lead, and chromium, respectively.
- The dry pellets’ zinc concentration is less than 100 mg per kilogram.
- The ash melting temperature should be greater than 1200°C. The estimation of the propensity of slag production depends on this temperature.
Advantages of wood pellets
- DINplus certification includes their total CO2 neutrality, which can help to lower greenhouse gas emissions. They are thus the ideal substitute for oil and natural gas.
- Due to their continuous excellent quality, wood pellets with the DINplus certification stand out from those without since they comply with international requirements.
- Accreditation helps a company sell to clients and gain their confidence. As a result, demand rises, which benefits both the company and the environment.
- Because high-quality fuels help prevent pellet boiler malfunction, they are also frequently used in commercial settings.
- Because they don’t produce smoke, patients with asthma issues can even use these pellets at home.
Transportation and storage of the wood pellets:
The primary goal of wood pellet storage and transportation is to guarantee DINplus wood pellet quality from the manufacturer to the final consumer. The following standards for internal employee training are outlined by the DINplus certification as a means of achieving this goal:
- Transportation both to and from the temporary storage.
- Preserving a positive customer connection by giving them an
- appointment reminder with necessary details.
- Storage of fuel preparation.
- Avoiding CO2 emissions by taking safeguards.
- Mention the necessary technical tools, such as those for secure transit.
- Storage requirements for businesses that use temporary storage.
The wood pellets are packaged in clear plastic bags to protect them from moisture since they lose effectiveness when exposed to a damp environment and can’t be kept for an extended period.
Where can I buy wood pellets that are DINplus certified in bulk?
Our business offers DINplus-certified wood pellets of the highest quality. We use our dependable courier partners to transport it in bulk worldwide. We go to great lengths to ensure that the pellets are delivered to you in the same condition they were created with the fewest possible fines. So, regardless of where you reside, you can choose to get these high-quality items from our company and have them delivered right to your door.